At Goodwin & Mark LLP, we handle real estate transactions of all sizes and levels of complexity. Our clients include developers, major banks, credit unions and trust companies, for whom we prepare mortgages and other security documents, as well as home buyers and sellers referred to us by countless realtors throughout the Lower Mainland.
Real Estate Transactions
Contact our law firm for legal advice, guidance and representation in any of the following areas:
- Residential real estate sales and purchases
- Commercial real estate development
- Commercial real estate purchases and sales
- Commercial property leases
- Documentation and filing of easements, covenants, rights-of-way and subdivision plans
- Strata development (condos)
- Commercial landlord/tenant disputes and litigation
The development of a condominium building, also called a strata development, is a complex real estate procedure that can involve many moving pieces and investors. These intricate plans contain strata lots owned by individual owners, as well as common property. Our lawyers have experience representing the interests of a variety of stakeholders involved in strata developments, and we can guide you through every step of the development, from initial planning to the drafting of association bylaws, to the drafting and filing of disclosure statements and other marketing requirements.
Residential Real Estate Buying & Selling
At Goodwin & Mark LLP, we represent sellers and buyers of residential real estate in the Greater Vancouver area and throughout the Lower Mainland. Our lawyers have in-depth familiarity with the legal aspects of residential mortgages. We represent our client’s interests in negotiating a contract of purchase and sale and advise buyers or sellers regarding their legal rights and obligations.
Relocating to a new home can present numerous challenges and legal issues. Whether you require assistance as a buyer or seller of residential real estate, our lawyers will work diligently to carry out the transaction efficiently and ensure that your interests are protected throughout the process. The following elements are important factors in any home purchase or sale:
- Drawing mortgage documents and documents for purchase, including statements of adjustments
- Registering the transfer
- Obtaining the proper title
- Clearing the title (on behalf of seller)
- Managing closing documents
- Preparing and filing land title forms (electronically)
Commercial Real Estate & Development
Our lawyers have significant experience and knowledge in the area of commercial real estate, including the development, sale, purchase and leasing of commercial property. Whether you are in the initial stages of a commercial development project or you require assistance in leasing or selling a commercial property, Goodwin & Mark LLP is prepared to handle your legal matters efficiently and accurately.
We offer assistance in a wide range of commercial real estate issues, including:
- Commercial landlord/tenant leases, disputes and litigation
- Land acquisitions
- Assembling and combining properties
- Commercial disclosure statements
- Development applications to the City
- Development permits
- Land use issues, including zoning and re-zoning
- Commercial lenders’ requirements, including buying, selling or refinancing
- Commercial property refinancing
- Selling commercial properties
Our clients’ best interests are always at the forefront of our representation, whether we are protecting the interests of a developer, seller, property owner or investor.
Strata (Condominium) Disclosure Statements
Disclosure statements are documents provided to buyers by sellers that outline facts about the development, the condition of a property and any known issues related to the property. Disclosure statements are required for commercial and residential development with more than four units. These complex statements must be prepared in careful accordance with the law to avoid future legal issues. At Goodwin & Mark LLP, we assist clients in drafting legal disclosure statements in an efficient manner.
When exchanging large amounts of money and valuable property, it is important to hire experienced legal representation. At Goodwin & Mark LLP, we offer more than 45 years of experience in real estate work. We know our clients are seeking practical, cost-effective legal representation, and we provide the highest calibre of service.